Tuesday 5 July 2011

Lunch at Duba Plains

Flew some directors of Wilderness Safaris and Community members around today.

Last minute change on the days schedule because a plane went technical and I took over the flying.

Flying into Vumbura airstrip and seeing a huge herd of Cape Buffalo and elephant around the airstrip just made me smile! Wow, what an office I have!

I arrived at Duba Plains and went into camp to wait for the delegates to have their bi-annual community meeting. Lunch and sight seeing was awesome.

Sitting and watching an African fish eagle gently gliding around and looking for prey in the swamp land in front of camp. It was so tranquil and peacefull, seriously good for the soul.

Departed for Seronga to drop off and then empty back to Maun. Like I mentioned before due to the very stable air over the Okavango Delta this time of year the visibility is very poor. I managed to get above all the smog at 11500 ft or Flight level 115. Awesome flight back to Maun, cruising at around 170 kts.

So all in all a very awesome day!

ONWARDS

No comments:

Post a Comment